TrainingExplore Our Trainings
Now that the China market has reopened for tourism, there is much pent-up demand for outbound travel from Chinese citizens who have not been able to leave their borders for three years. Chinese OTA Ctrip is predicting that Chinese outbound tourism numbers could return to 80-95% of pre-pandemic levels by 2023, bringing the world’s highest spending tourist back to your destination!
However, the Chinese tourist’s preferences, booking habits and needs have changed dramatically in the last three years, requiring tourism destinations to refresh their Chinese tourism programs and service standards. To answer this need, the team that designed and delivered Brand USA, Visit California and Los Angeles Tourism’s China-Ready training program is now offering online training courses designed for destinations and hotels around the world to quickly bring their staff and executives up to speed on the changes among Chinese tourists and refresh or create your own China-readiness plan.
CLA has launched the first in its series of online training courses: China-Ready Essentials that is available online for purchase. This course is designed for tourism executives, front-line staff, customer experience specialists and marketing professionals in order to provide your staff with the fundamentals of welcoming Chinese tourists to your destination. The course covers:
– An update on the Chinese tourism opportunity and latest developments post-COVID
– A primer on Chinese culture, do’s and don’ts and useful facts and tips
– Cross cultural understanding and context
– Chinese consumer profiles, preferences and trends post-COVID
– Recommendations and tips for creating your own China-Ready program
We will be rolling our new training courses frequently, and are also available for:
– Conducting a custom live online training course
– Hosting a custom workshop/coaching session
– Designing a custom China-Ready program
– Creating and executing digital marketing and booking for Chinese tourists
– Executing Chinese tourism marketing campaigns (influencers, media buying and more..)
– China strategy consulting
Over the last ten years, CLA has created:
– Top revenue generating tourism strategy and implementation for Spanish shopping center El Corte Ingles
– Leading cultural content & social media program for the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
– WeChat booking and digital campaigns and for The Standard Hotels
– China-Ready training program for Los Angeles Tourism, Brand USA, Visit California, Montreal & Vienna
– Double digit ROI program for Beverly Center shopping center
– Highest ROI tourism focused ads for Michael Kors
– Award-winning tourism campaigns campaigns for L’Oreal Travel Retail
– Award-winning tourism & digital marketing program for the state of Utah
CLA is pleased to announce the publication of the book Next Generation Retail, co-authored by CLA Founder Renee Hartmann and Deborah Weinswig, Founder of Coresight Research.
Written for both digital-first and physical retailers, Next Generation Retail describes how to respond to changing consumer demands and expectations, and provides retailers and consumer brands with strategies for utilizing technology to innovate for success in today’s challenging global economic environment. Highly practical in approach, it explores the latest opportunities and pitfalls to avoid for developments including Web3, livestream shopping, instant commerce, retail media, social commerce and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Themes addressed in the book include:
1. New retail products: Retailers and brands have more to sell than just products, they now can sell their data, monetize their space via retail media and sell virtual items.
2. New retail channels: Technology has enabled new sales channels for brands and retailers to expand their reach, ranging from livestreaming to social commerce to quick commerce.
3. New tenets for retail success: Today’s consumers are increasingly demanding more from the brands and retailers they reward with their hard-earned dollars, as they seek sustainable products and business practices, delivered to them in a personalized and experiential way.
How to Engage:
Deborah and Renee are providing a number of ways for companies and individuals to bring Next Generation Retail to life and educate partners, clients and employees on a host of cutting edge retail innovation topics. Below are a few ways to engage with us, or contact us for other ideas.
– Sponsor our book tour: Sponsor a stop on our European and North American book tour by hosting an event and inviting your partners, clients or employees.
– Book a private workshop: Renee and/or Deborah will host a private workshop for you to bring the tenets of Next Generation Retail directly to your organization and develop your own execution plan to innovate into the future of the retail landscape.
– Book a speech: Book Renee and/or Deborah for a customized presentation on Next Generation Retail.
– Host a book signing: Host Renee and/or Deborah for a book signing in your booth at a trade show, at a company event or at a cocktail, lunch or dinner.
– Join our training: Sign up for our Next Generation Retail training, available for individuals or companies.
– Buy our book: Buy our book at your retailer of choice!
Who We Are
CLA is a strategy consultancy that advises and works collaboratively with luxury and premium brands, retailers, streetwear brands, tourism brands and more to develop their global market strategy with a focus on bringing Western brands to Asia and bringing Asian brands to the West. With deep experience in Asia, North America and Europe, our cross-cultural team helps brands adapt their brand, offering and marketing to new markets.
Our tailored approach creates specific programming to help our clients capture and maximize their ROI potential with this influential and growing audience.
Established in 2011, CLA offers a full suite of strategy consulting services including:
• Market assessment
• Market entry strategy development
• Market research, including quantitative and qualitative consumer research, as well as expert interviews and channel checks
• Cross-border e-commerce market entry and execution, including Tmall and WeChat, Douyin, D2C website and more
• China market strategic financial planning and investment criteria
• Due diligence of potential partner companies and market opportunities
• Global Chinese consumer marketing and activation
• Chinese social media management and development, including Weibo, Little Red Book, WeChat and livestreaming
• Western social media management and development including Instagram, Facebook, TikiTok, YouTube and more
• Media buying across major media in each market including Weibo, WeChat, Ctrip, Douyin, Baidu, Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, programmatic and more
CLA has a presence in Asia, Europe and North America.
Who We Work With
What We Do
We are a strategy consultancy at our core. We actively work with destinations, attractions and global luxury brands to contextualize the consumer opportunity. Our tailored strategies provide the vision to overcome obstacles and the innovation to drive sustainable results.
Our custom research is a roadmap to the Global Chinese Demographic. Our research experts have the ability to handle quick turn surveys to gauge the pulse of consumer sentiment to more in depth qualitative studies to uncover forward looking insights that will impact company performance.
CLA works closely with brands to develop customized approaches to entering the China, North American and European market. As part of this process, CLA assesses the opportunity, identifies appropriate partners, conducts consumer and research and develops multi-year entry execution plans.DETAILS
The diversity and mix of the global advertising landscape is staggering. Our paid media experts are well versed in the benefits and pitfalls of each channel and platform to ensure a targeted media plan is developed to reach your KPIs no matter the budget.
Generating a strong social presence that attracts today’s consumer matters. From crafting unique brand stories, social giveaway programs to managing creative influencer campaigns, our digital team understands how to create meaningful engagement on social platforms, including Chinese and Western platforms.DETAILS
CLA has deep domain expertise and dedicated digital development capabilities. We are experienced in building targeted solutions for global brands including social campaigns, gamification, local app development and websites.
Award Winning Work
Meet the CLA Team
Executive Director of Agency Services
Visual Designer | UX
Senior Project Manager
Assistant Account Manager
Assistant Account Manager
Our Opinion & Insights
Unlocking Success in China’s Fashion Market
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS Navigating China’s Fashion Landscape: Trends, Insights, and Strategies China’s fashion industry is experiencing significant growth and transformation, driven by factors such as an expanding middle class, rising incomes,[…]Read more
High Net Worth Shoppers are Spending Overseas Again
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS Revealing the Resurgence: Key Insights on May Holiday Travel China’s recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic has brought about a resurgence in travel, making it essential to prepare for[…]Read more
Successful Strategies to Navigate the Chinaverse
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS How to Harness the Power of Digital Collectibles in China China kicked off the year by launching its own digital asset trading platform “Digital Collection Home” to facilitate[…]Read more