Now that the China market has reopened for tourism, there is much pent-up demand for outbound travel from Chinese citizens who have not been able to leave their borders for three years. Chinese OTA Ctrip is predicting that Chinese outbound tourism numbers could return to 80-95% of pre-pandemic levels by 2023, bringing the world’s highest spending tourist back to your destination!
However, the Chinese tourist’s preferences, booking habits and needs have changed dramatically in the last three years, requiring tourism destinations to refresh their Chinese tourism programs and service standards. To answer this need, the team that designed and delivered Brand USA, Visit California and Los Angeles Tourism’s China-Ready training program is now offering online training courses designed for destinations and hotels around the world to quickly bring their staff and executives up to speed on the changes among Chinese tourists and refresh or create your own China-readiness plan.
We will be rolling our new training courses frequently, and are also available for:
– Conducting a custom live online training course
– Hosting a custom workshop/coaching session
– Designing a custom China-Ready program
– Creating and executing digital marketing and booking for Chinese tourists
– Executing Chinese tourism marketing campaigns (influencers, media buying and more..)
– China strategy consulting
Over the last ten years, CLA has created:
– Top revenue generating tourism strategy and implementation for Spanish shopping center El Corte Ingles
– Leading cultural content & social media program for the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
– WeChat booking and digital campaigns and for The Standard Hotels
– China-Ready training program for Los Angeles Tourism, Brand USA, Visit California, Montreal & Vienna
– Double digit ROI program for Beverly Center shopping center
– Highest ROI tourism focused ads for Michael Kors
– Award-winning tourism campaigns campaigns for L’Oreal Travel Retail
– Award-winning tourism & digital marketing program for the state of Utah
Next Generation Retail
CLA is pleased to announce the publication of the book Next Generation Retail, co-authored by CLA Founder Renee Hartmann and Deborah Weinswig, Founder of Coresight Research.
Written for both digital-first and physical retailers, Next Generation Retail describes how to respond to changing consumer demands and expectations, and provides retailers and consumer brands with strategies for utilizing technology to innovate for success in today’s challenging global economic environment. Highly practical in approach, it explores the latest opportunities and pitfalls to avoid for developments including Web3, livestream shopping, instant commerce, retail media, social commerce and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Themes addressed in the book include:
1. New retail products: Retailers and brands have more to sell than just products, they now can sell their data, monetize their space via retail media and sell virtual items.
2. New retail channels: Technology has enabled new sales channels for brands and retailers to expand their reach, ranging from livestreaming to social commerce to quick commerce.
3. New tenets for retail success: Today’s consumers are increasingly demanding more from the brands and retailers they reward with their hard-earned dollars, as they seek sustainable products and business practices, delivered to them in a personalized and experiential way.
Who We Are
CLA is a strategy consultancy that advises and works collaboratively with luxury and premium brands, retailers, streetwear brands, tourism brands and more to develop their global market strategy with a focus on bringing Western brands to Asia and bringing Asian brands to the West. With deep experience in Asia, North America and Europe, our cross-cultural team helps brands adapt their brand, offering and marketing to new markets.
Our tailored approach creates specific programming to help our clients capture and maximize their ROI potential with this influential and growing audience.
Established in 2011, CLA offers a full suite of strategy consulting services including:
• Market assessment
• Market entry strategy development
• Market research, including quantitative and qualitative consumer research, as well as expert interviews and channel checks
• Cross-border e-commerce market entry and execution, including Tmall and WeChat, Douyin, D2C website and more
• China market strategic financial planning and investment criteria
• Due diligence of potential partner companies and market opportunities
• Global Chinese consumer marketing and activation
• Chinese social media management and development, including Weibo, Little Red Book, WeChat and livestreaming
• Western social media management and development including Instagram, Facebook, TikiTok, YouTube and more
• Media buying across major media in each market including Weibo, WeChat, Ctrip, Douyin, Baidu, Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, programmatic and more
CLA has a presence in Asia, Europe and North America.
Who We Work With
What We Do
Award Winning Work
Our Opinion & Insights